We would like to share a whitepaper with you that has identified 10 key challenges when selecting a contract manufacturer and making the co-operation a success.
Although written in light of OEM’s, the solutions described are valid for most small and mid-size companies looking to outsource or wanting to improve their outsourcing. Highlights are:
- Make forecasting a collaborative, cross-functional and institutionalized process in your company
- Focus on inventory risks throughout your supply chain to regularly assess and limit liability risk
- Eliminate pricing surprises; seek to understand the details behind pricing and focus on price structure, not just the bottom line.
- Also look for quality problems on the manufacturing line, not just in the field
- Manage product changes effectively; utilize tools and procedures that provide your internal organization and your CM with accurate and full information on the proposed change
- Develop an environmental compliance strategy for your products and ensure adequate product documentation in case of an audit.
Quality programs, support in effective pack and product changes with limited material waste, compliance with environmental requirements are only a few of the services we already provide to or support our customers with.
We strive to make your outsourcing a long-term success. We believe a win-win situation.
Please contact us if you have an outsourcing request. Also if we can assist you in optimizing your process.
The white paper of Symphony Consulting, Inc. provides practical suggestions on all 10 key challenges they identify. Click here to get redirected to the full white paper.
“Manufacturing Outsouring for Small and Mid-Size Companies: 10 Key Challenges & How to Address Them”. Co-authored by Arena Solutions and Bijan Dastmalchi of Sympolny Consulting, Inc, 2008.